Find the right fit for your eyes at Vision Source Studio 20/20.
Do you need vision correction but don't want to wear eyeglasses full time? Contact lenses are a great option for almost anyone.
We offer a wide selection of contact lenses at our Charlotte offices, and our experienced team of eye care professionals can help find the right contact lenses for you.
Need to Reorder Contacts?
We make it easy! Order with the convenience of your device.
Featured Contact Brands
What are my options?
Contact lenses are FDA approved medical devices that your eye doctor will prescribe. There are many contact lens options available. Your eye care provider will take your lifestyle and vision correction needs into consideration when helping you select the right lenses for your eyes.
Here are some of the most common contact lens types:
- Hard contact lenses – Hard contact lenses are also known as rigid gas permeable (RGP) lenses. This means that they are porous enough to allow oxygen to enter through the lens to the cornea. Hard contact lenses keep their shape on the eye helping correct higher prescriptions such as high astigmatism. Similarly, RGP technology is used to slow progression of myopia in children. As such, they are sometimes recommended to curb the progression of nearsightedness in younger wearers.
- Soft contact lenses – The most common form of contact lens. Soft contact lenses provide a comfortable and convenient way to correct many prescriptions. Soft lenses have the ability to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and blurred reading vision.
- Daily disposable soft contact lenses – Our preferred type of soft contact lens to create the safest and healthiest contact lens wearing experience. Intended to be worn for one day, daily lenses prevent allergic reactions, dry eye, and decrease risk of bacterial infections. Daily disposable lenses are our first recommendation for all children.
- Extended wear contact lenses – Extended wear contact lenses are designed to be worn constantly for long periods of time – up to a week. They do need to be deep cleaned weekly, however. Unlike all other lenses, extended-wear contacts can be worn while sleeping. The lens type allows sufficient oxygen to reach the eye for health.
- Colored contact lenses – These are worn to enhance or completely change the visual color of the iris. They are still prescription contact lenses, however, and need to be treated with the same care you would give to regular lenses. Many — but not all — brands of contact lens companies offer colored lens options.
Need a prescription?
We are happy to perform a contact lens evaluation at your next visit. Vision Source Studio 20/20 offers contact lens fittings often in conjunction with comprehensive eye exams.
Request an appointment today at one of our convenient locations!