MiSight 1 Day Myopia Control Lenses
The MiSight daily disposable lenses are therapeutic contact lenses that are clinically proven and FDA approved to slow the progression of myopia.
Children, ages 8-12 years old, showed a 59% reduction in the worsening of their vision compared to those that did not wear MiSight lenses¹. Read the study here⁴.
How MiSight 1 Day Works
The ActivControlTM Technology in MiSight® 1 day uses vision correction zones and treatment zones within the lenses to slow the axial elongation of the eyeball.¹-³
The correction zones allow for clear vision throughout the day, while the treatment zones discourage abnormal elongation of the eye.
Slowing the axial elongation translates to less abnormal growth of the child’s eye, which will slow the worsening of their vision.
Myopia Cause and Concerns
When myopia develops in children, it tends to progress rapidly. With rapid progression, the child’s vision becomes progressively blurry. It is common to see children progress by -0.75 D per year or more. The picture below shows -0.75 D vision vs -2.00 D vision, a change that can easily occur, without treatment, in 1 year.
-0.75 D vision
-2.00 D vision
Additional Benefits of MiSight
In addition to correcting vision, myopia management with MiSight can provide additional lifestyle benefits:
- A comfortable wearing experience⁵
- A strong preference for MiSight contact lenses versus glasses – 90% of children in the MiSight clinical trials expressed a strong preference for MiSight 1 day contact lenses over their glasses at the 5 year visit
- Avoiding the worry of losing or breaking glasses
- Accommodating a more active lifestyle⁵
- Providing children with an improved quality of life and improved performance with athletic activities⁵
If your child’s prescription continues to worsen annually, it is important to seek early intervention. Are you ready to determine if your child is a candidate?
- Chamberlain P, et al. A 3-year randomized clinical trial of MiSight® lenses for myopia control. Optom Vis Sci. 2019; 96(8):556–67.
- La liste des nominés aux 26e SILMO d’Or. (2019, September 25). Retrieved October 2, 2019, from https:// en.silmoparis.com/Silmo-d-Or-Awards/Nominees-2019.
- Optician. (2018, April 4). Optician Awards 2018: Black ties and glittering prizes. Retrieved October 2, 2019, from https://www.opticianonline.net/news/optician-awards-2018- black-ties-and-glittering prizes.
- CooperVision data on file 2018. 3-year study report.
- Walline JJ, et al. Benefits of contact lens wear for children and teens. Eye Contact Lens. 2007;33(6 Pt 1):317-21.
- Rah MJ, et al. Vision specific quality of life of pediatric contact lens wearers. Optom Vis Sci. 2010;87(8):560-6.
Schedule an appointment today at one of our convenient locations!