Treatment of Dry Eye
Vision Source Studio 20/20 will tailor your treatment by addressing the cause of your dry eye.
Treatment varies depending on the source of the dry eye. Through a comprehensive dry eye evaluation, our doctors at Vision Source Studio 20/20 will create a customized treatment program for you. We are dedicated to staying current with all the latest research involved with dry eye therapy, as well as obtaining the most innovative technology that is scientifically proven to resolve acute and chronic dry eyes.
- Prescription eye drops to combat inflammation
- Treating oil glands
- Blinking exercises or proper eyelid hygiene
If an infection is causing the issue, low-dose antibiotics may also be prescribed.
Treatment options within our arsenal:
- iLux: iLux is a hand-held device used in office to apply direct, safe head to the eyelids to help unclog blocked tear ducts.
- Punctal Plugs: Punctal plugs are made of medical grade silicone or of biodegradable material. The punctal plugs alleviate dry eye syndrome by preventing the tears from draining too quickly from the ocular surface. The procedure is done in office and is typically covered by your medical insurance!
- Custom Lifestyle Modification Guide: Our doctors will help determine what treatment options best suits your lifestyle, as well as how to adjust your lifestyle to allow for better eye health. There are many changes you can make in your household to help alleviate dry eye symptoms.
- Prescription Eye Drops: Unlike artificial tears, there are prescription eye drops that help with tear production. Our dry eye doctor will help determine if you are a good candidate for prescription eye drops
- Scleral Lenses: Scleral contact lenses are large diameter, hard contact lenses that vault over the cornea and land on the white part of the eye. Before placing the lens on the eye, the lens is filled with fluid. This fluid hydrates the eyes throughout the day, resulting in precise and clear vision, profound comfort, and long-lasting hydration. Learn more about scleral lenses.
- Hypochlorous Acid 0.015% Spray: It sounds scary to think about acid entering the eye; however, hypochlorous acid is already in our bodies and is produced by our white blood cells to fight infection and inflammation. This diluted spray is sprayed on the lid and lash margin to decrease the number of bacteria around our lids. The bacteria around our lids secrete toxins to protect themselves from other bacteria around them. These toxins are then released into our eyes causing inflammation, irritation, and other dry eye symptoms. Hypochlorous acid has been shown in many scientific studies to be one of the most effective and safe methods to get rid of dangerous bacteria around our eyes.
- Amniotic Membranes: Amniotic membranes for the eye have incredible healing properties. Amniotic membranes arrive from placental tissue that is collected after a safe and healthy cesarean birth. The collection process is 100% ethical and voluntary. The therapeutic properties of the amniotic membrane have dramatic effects on healing damage, scarring, and infection caused by chronic dry eye.
- Autologous Serum Eye Drops: Autologous serum eye drops are for progressive and severe dry eyes. Autologous serum eye drops are made by a compound pharmacy and are derived through blood withdrawals. Plasma and serum are extracted from the blood, which are both very rich in growth factors, vitamins, and immunoglobins to help restore and heal the front surface of the eye.
Dry eyes are not only uncomfortable — they can also be bad for the health of your eyes. Find relief at Vision Source Studio 20/20.
Request an appointment today at one of our convenient locations!